Pope blesses Uganda legislator in favor of mass murder
In between communing with a god of love and insisting that the Catholic church is humanity’s moral authority, the Pope found time to bless the Uganda law-maker most fervent to pass the kill-the-gays bill.
Pope Benedict XVI yesterday sent his first tweet from his new Twitter account, then turned around and blessed Rebecca Kadaga, the Speaker of the Uganda Parliament who promised to pass the “Kill The Gays” bill as a “Christmas gift” to Uganda’s Christians. Kadaga was at the Vatican to meet the Pope and to attend the seventh Consultative Assembly of Parliamentarians for the International Criminal Court and the World Parliamentary Conference on Human Rights.
So just in case you’re curious, the Pope has condemned the Christmas shopping culture.
Pope Benedict XVI condemned the increasing commercialisation of Christmas as he celebrated Christmas Eve Mass, urging the faithful to look beyond the holiday’s “superficial glitter” to discover its true meaning.
Yeah, the guy carrying a solid gold fucking staff and who lives in a gilded palace can’t abide “superficial glitter.”
So superficial glitter gets condemnation, but people getting slaughtered for loving an adult who the Catholic church does not approve of? Knock yourselves out. Child rapists get the church’s protection, but not those homos – they’re too immoral to keep around.
This goes to show how evil atheists are. Most of us, face-to-face with someone set to murder a bunch of people on the basis of who they love, would not even shake her hand. More likely we’d, at very minimum, give her a strong verbal lashing for crimes against humanity. Not heaven’s representative on earth here to spread god’s love though; he blessed her with a smile.
The Speaker dedicated to all Ugandans readings from the book of St.Mark which the Pope quoted in several languages during the Vatican mass.
She handed over to the Pope a portrait of the Uganda Martyrs Shrine Namugongo, a historical place where Christians were murdered because of their allegiance to their faith.
Because just when you thought Catholic/Christian leaders couldn’t get worse, they remind you that they can always add in a dash of oblivious. And if you thought it couldn’t get worse then, there’s always room for irony. Religion is unique among many social influences: it has the ability to empower the most cruel and/or stupid ideas, and to then make them impervious to compassion or reason. How people can argue that we need such a force to moralize humanity, I’ll never know. It is the influence of humanity, repeatedly attempting to break through the bunkers of faith, that mitigates the damage of religion, not the other way around.
Without the supposedly morally healing influence of faith, who would ever admire or claim affiliation with such an organization (especially while sneering at others as being less moral)?
144 Notes/ Hide
- solarcoaster reblogged this from applespirate
- princelytreasures likes this
- applespirate reblogged this from social-darwin-awards and added:
- manicpanicpixieaddict likes this
- fatalquief likes this
- tsnewman likes this
- gregsrandomcrap reblogged this from puckspoliticsandpussy
- njudah likes this
- imyopusherman likes this
- imyopusherman reblogged this from we-are-star-stuff
- polarisnow likes this
- aliceincrohnsland reblogged this from we-are-star-stuff
- imdylan reblogged this from we-are-star-stuff
- ursamajorchord reblogged this from we-are-star-stuff
- locopsychodude reblogged this from we-are-star-stuff
- osolage reblogged this from huggs-boson
- baronvonblitz reblogged this from lucidstrike
- serialmatrix likes this
- silver-screen-scream-queen reblogged this from seanbonner and added:
- citiestovapori likes this
- skyllianblitz reblogged this from we-are-star-stuff
- ribqueen reblogged this from we-are-star-stuff
- ribqueen likes this
- littletinyfish likes this
- nerdandtall reblogged this from we-are-star-stuff
- nerdandtall likes this
- seanbonner reblogged this from rafer
- ahymnofsanity likes this
- rafer reblogged this from we-are-star-stuff
- spaceshark22 likes this
- breastfeeding-milhouse reblogged this from we-are-star-stuff
- pavlovs-pigeon likes this
- pavlovs-pigeon reblogged this from social-darwin-awards
- her-name-was-vengeance reblogged this from cardboard-fox
- cardboard-fox reblogged this from we-are-star-stuff
- hagsandkisses reblogged this from we-are-star-stuff
- maliciousmagpiemargles reblogged this from we-are-star-stuff and added:
- maliciousmagpiemargles likes this
- spoiledgrrrl reblogged this from we-are-star-stuff
- ira--gamagori likes this
- pewpsandfarts reblogged this from we-are-star-stuff
- puckspoliticsandpussy reblogged this from jamesgatzisalyingshit
- himwiththeface likes this
- malignifica reblogged this from social-darwin-awards
- malignifica likes this
- embryo-princess likes this
- consulting-lokean reblogged this from jamesgatzisalyingshit and added:
- legolas-of-the-lake reblogged this from we-are-star-stuff